Day 1 Mulu flight in (no meals, dinner at Mulu Marriott only)
Morning or afternoon flight from Miri to Mulu.
Arrive Mulu airport, meet by Green Trekkers representative and transfer to Mulu Village/Mulu National Park/Mulu Marriott Resort. Register and check in.
Dinner on own expense at local restaurant.
Dinner is included for Mulu Marriott Resort package.
Day 2 Mulu HQ / Camp 3 (breakfast, packed lunch, dinner)
6.00 am: Breakfast at Mulu Village/Park Café/ Mulu Marriott Resort.
7.00 am: Transfer to Mulu HQ. Registration and meet up with guide. Repacking of food items etc. All food packaging will be marked and recorded, used trash must be returned to Park HQ after the climb for disposal.
8.00 am: Elevation: 50m asl, KM: 0
Begin trek from Mulu HQ to the junction of Paku Waterfalls. Continue on with several river crossings until you come to Camp 1. This route is relatively flat and easy.
12.00 noon: Camp 1: Elevation: 200m asl, KM: 5.6km
Sights and sounds: Hornbills, macaque and leeches
Have lunch en route.
The trek will begin to ascend steeply after camp 1.
6.00 pm: Elevation: 1300m asl, KM: 12 km, Estimated time of arrival at Camp 3.
Prepare dinner and early rest.
Be prepared to arrive Camp 3 after sunset.
Day 3 Camp 3 / Camp 4 (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
7.00 am: Breakfast at Camp 3.
8.00 am: Slow and easy walk from Camp 3 to Camp 4. Today’s terrains consist of going up and down the montane forest for literary a thousand times. Great sightings of pitchers plants, birds and lush green moss that grows undisturbed on stones.
3.00 pm: Estimated time of arrival at Camp 4. Settle in and rest.
Camp 4: Elevation: 1800m asl
KM: 18.5 km
Prepare dinner and early rest.
Day 4 Camp 4 / Summit / Camp 3 (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Breakfast at Camp 4.
Begin hike to summit.
Today’s hike involving many vertical ascend that has little safety measures. You will need to use the ropes provided to ascend certain heights ranging from 10 to 20 meters.
Estimated time of arrival at summit (2,376m asl). Stop briefly to take photos.
Return to Camp 4. Climbers must leave Camp 4 latest by 3pm. If climbers are too slow, it will result in possibility of staying another night at Camp 4.
Estimated time of arrival back at Camp 3. Dinner and rest.
Day 5 Camp 3 / Mulu HQ (breakfast, packed lunch)
Breakfast at Camp 3.
Begin descend to Camp 1 and eventually back to Mulu HQ.
Estimated time of arrival back at Park HQ.
Check in and rest. Free & easy for the rest of the day or join optional tour to Deer & Lang Cave at 2pm if arrive early at Mulu HQ, or Canopy Walk.
Remark: we do not recommend to fly out on the same day of your descend.
Day 6 Mulu flight out (breakfast)
Breakfast at Park Café.
Check out, free & easy until time for transfer to airport for flight out to Miri/Kuching/Kota Kinabalu.
- Mulu airport return transfer
- Mulu National Park entrance fee (10 days pass)
- 2 night’s accommodation at Mulu Village / Mulu National Park / Mulu Marriott Resort
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Camp 3 & 4
- Licensed Heritage Guide for Mulu Summit climb and guide/cook’s lodging
- Cook and meals in Camp 3 & 4
- Service charges
- Air Ticket (quote separately upon request)
- Lunch and dinner at National Park
- Drinking water (water supply in Camp 3 & 4 is collected by rain water harvesting and availability of water depending on rainfall. The guide will advise on this matter)
- Personal porter
- All personal bill
- Tipping for guide
- Compulsory traveling insurance that includes emergency evacuation by air at RM40/person (Malaysian). For non-Malaysians, please purchase traveling insurance from your home country.
Mulu is remote and isolated. That means, no banks, no chemist, hardly any roads and not many options. So, you need to be well prepared on what to bring for the trip. Green Trekkers staff will guide you on this matter.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DOCUMENT FOR BOOKING:
Malaysian Climbers are required to submit the scanned IC (front and back on 1 page) and International climbers required to submit the scanned passport including date of birth, gender and nationality to Green Trekkers Sdn. Bhd. for booking.
- 50% deposit is required within FIVE (5) working days from the date of confirmed booking to secure the booking
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable, in whole or in part
- Deposits paid CANNOT be brought forward and/or used for future bookings
- Balance payment MUST be received at least thirty (30) working days prior to arrival. Failure to pay by the stipulated time will result in cancellation of tour arrangements without prior notice. Should guest need more time to remit the payment, written notice by email to email@example.com must be given 30 days prior to arrival.
- For confirmed booking less than sixty (60) days prior to arrival, 100% payment must be received within Five (05) working days to avoid the booking being cancelled by the provider automatically
PAYMENT METHOD – LOCAL BANK TRANSFER
Payment payable to:
GREEN TREKKERS SDN. BHD.
Maybank (Kota Kemuning, Shah Alam)
A/C no.: 5127-8105-7364
Swift Code: MBBEMYKL
Bank address: No. 9 & 11,Jalan Anggerik Vanila N31/N,
Kota Kemuning, 40460 Shah Alam, Selangor
Please email the proof of transaction to firstname.lastname@example.org and the official receipt will be issued.
Deposit is strictly non refundable and CANNOT be used for replacement of new participant or brought forward for future bookings
Cancellation more than 30 days from the date of departure, the balance payment is waived.
Cancellation less than 30 days or no show for the tour, 100% of the payment will be forfeited.
Participant who cancelled the trip and return again will be subject to RM100 processing fee.
Any amendments to travelling date, replacement of climber and other components of the package made within 30 days prior to arrival date is subject to RM100 amendment fee per amendment.
HOTEL ROOM BOOKINGS
No hotel reservation is made during the time of quotation until a deposit is received. The operator reserves the right to amend the accommodation to a similar class without prior notice.
INDENMINITY & TRAVEL INSURANCE:
Participants are not covered by Travelling Personal Accident Insurance (group). In the event of accident, injury or death arising during the period of tour, Green Trekkers Sdn. Bhd. is indemnified and waived against all claims.
Visitors to Gunung Mulu National Park are required to purchase travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation by air, due to the remoteness of the area and any climbing/trekking/caving activity being a high risk activity. A copy of relevant insurance documents must be submitted to Green Trekkers after purchasing the insurance. For Malaysians visiting Gunung Mulu National Park, Green Trekkers is able to assist in the purchase of travel insurance at RM40/person. For non-Malaysians, please purchase from your home country.