3D2N Mount Kinabalu Climb
MOUNT KINABALU is one of the highest mountain in South-East Asia on the island of Borneo located in the state of Sabah, East Malaysia. It is protected as Kinabalu Park, a World Heritage Site.
Elevation: 4,095m First ascent: March 1851
First ascender: Hugh Low Mountain range: Crocker Range
Type of Tour: 3D2N MOUNT KINABALU CLIMB
Hiking Route: Timpohon Trail
Kinabalu Park: Lodge (twin share)
Laban Rata: non heated Laban Rata Resthouse
Kota Kinabalu: TBA
Package Price Ex-Kota Kinabalu: Travelling Period: 1 April 2019 – 31 March 2021
KOTA KINABALU – KINABALU PARK
Flight ETA: before noon
Morning flight to Kota Kinabalu. Meet by our representative at Kota Kinabalu International Airport and transfer to Kinabalu Park. At Kinabalu Park, register and check in LODGE.
6.30pm Buffet dinner at restaurant.
9.00pm Lights off.
(breakfast, packed lunch, dinner)
KINABALU PARK – LABAN RATA
6.30am Buffet breakfast at restaurant. Collect packed lunch.
7.30am Meet mountain guide, transfer to Timpohon Gate. Safety briefing and commence 5 – 6 hours climb (6km) to Laban Rata.
Check in Laban Rata non-heated Resthouse or similar mountain hut
4.30pm – 7.30pm Buffet dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant.
9.00pm Lights off.
(supper, breakfast, lunch)
LABAN RATA – SUMMIT – KINABALU PARK – KOTA KINABALU
2.00am Supper at restaurant.
2.30am Ascend to summit of Mt Kinabalu – The Lows’ Peak.
7.00am Start to descend. Breakfast at Laban Rata Restaurant.
10.30am Check out and descend to Timpohon Gate.
(Remark: surcharge imposed for check out after 10.30am).
Take Park transport to Park HQ upon arrival at Gate. Lunch at restaurant. (Remark: packed lunch will be provided after 4.30pm)
Transfer to Kota Kinabalu and check in your choice of hotel
End of the service.***IMPORTANT NOTE***
1. Transfer out from Park is between 4pm to 5pm. Climber(s) arriving Park early is/are required to wait till the transport has arrived as scheduled
2. Transfer out from Park at/after 7pm, surcharge of RM100/vehicle/way will be imposed
3. Mountain guide overtime surcharge after 4pm at RM15/hour/guide shall be borne by climber.
On Departure day:
Transfer from city to airport (min. 3 pax and above)
For Hotel on Day 3 onwards, reservation upon request.
- Hotel Traveller (budgeted)
- Marina Court Condominium
- Dreamtel Hotel (3* with breakfast)
- Gaya Center Hotel (3* with breakfast)
- The Klagan Hotel (3.5* with breakfast)
- Promenade Hotel (4* with breakfast)
- Horizon Hotel (4* with breakfast)
Price (traveling date: till 31 March 2020)
1 person in a group: RM2359/person
2-3 person in a group: RM1809/person
4-6 person in a group: RM1789/person
7-9 person in a group: RM1689/person
10-12 person in a group: RM1669/person
13-15 person in a group: RM1649/person
Price (traveling date: 1 April 2020 – 31 March 2021):
|1 person in a group||RM2,239/person|
|2-3 person in a group||RM1,819/person|
|4-6 person in a group||RM1,709/person|
|7-9 person in a group||RM1,679/person|
|10-12 person in a group||RM1,659/person|
|13-15 person in a group||RM1,639/person|
What’s App Enquiry: https://wa.me/60178218256
- Transfer: Airport – Kinabalu Park – Kota Kinabalu city
- Transfer: Park HQ – Timpohon Gate – Park HQ
- Transfer: city – airport on departure day (3 pax and above)
- 1 night at Kinabalu Park – Lodge (twin-share)
- 1 night at Laban Rata non heated Resthouse dormitory or similar mountain hut
- Climbing Permit & insurance
- National Park Conservation Fee
- Mountain Guide/s
- Meals as per itinerary
- Climbing certificate
- Service charges
- Complementary guidance in physical training and climbing items’ preparation
- Air Ticket
- Hotel in Kota Kinabalu (book upon request)
- Meals not stated in the itinerary
- Porter fees (RM13/kg/return) – subject to change
- Walking stick (RM10/pole) – subject to change
- Luggage storage fee (RM12/baggage) – subject to change
- Mountain Guide overtime surcharge
- Travelling Insurance
- All personal bill
- Tipping for mountain guide
KINABALU PARK LODGES
LABAN RATA NON HEATED DORMITORY
FACILITIES: washroom – no heated shower. Restaurant at Laban Rata Resthouse
*HEALTH NOTES* FOR CLIMBING MOUNT KINABALU
DO NOT CLIMB if you have a history of suffering from the following ailments:
- Heart Disease`
- Chronic Asthma
- Peptic Ulcer
- Severe Anemia
- Epileptic Fits
- Heart Palpitation
- Hepatitis / Jaundice
- Muscular Cramps
- Any other sickness that may be triggered by severe cold, exertion and high altitude
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR CLIMBERS ON MOUNT KINABALU
01. Identify your Mountain Guide(s) who will display an identification card.
02. Travel together in your group and stay with the Mountain Guide(s) at all times.
03. Follow the instructions of your Mountain Guide(s)
04. Alert your Mountain Guide(s) if you face any difficulty.
05. Display your climbing permit and show it to Park Officials at the check points at Timpohon Gate, Laban Rata and Sayat-sayat on your way up and down.
06. If for any reasons, you are separated from your group or the Mountain Guide(s), please follow the white rope that marks the Summit Trail. If visibility is very low or in the dark, please hold on to the rope and follow it. (There is a thick white rope leading all the way from the vegetation belt above Panar Laban to the Summit. Use this rope to help climbing up and prevent falling when walking down. PLEASE FOLLOW and USE THE ROPE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY).
07. The weather on the summit area can deteriorate in a matter of minutes. Thick mist may reduce visibility to only 3 metres, and rainstorm and wind of up to 120 km/hr may occur at times. Please hold on to the ROPE, which will lead you to safety.
08. If you are separated from your Mountain Guide(s) and lose sight of the ROPE, STOP IMMEDIATELY, stay where you are and blow your whistle to attract attention. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO FIND YOUR WAY OUT. HELP is definitely on the way. The Park Officials at Sayat – sayat Check Point will notice that you are missing.
09. While climbing to the Summit, please make sure to carry with you the followings:-
A) Wear enough warm clothing (temperature can be freezing at times)
B) A torch light (to light your way during the pre-dawn climb and to signal for help when needed)
C) A rain coat (to protect you from rain and wind, and it will slow down the loss of body heat)
D) A whistle (only to be used when is needed. The shorts blasts to attract attention, long continuous blasts for emergency and serious injuries)
E) Some energy food and water, e.g. extra chocolate, glucose, tablets, biscuits (for emergency-use when you are waiting for help to arrive)
Mount Kinabalu Trail Map
New Trail to the summit (Ranau Trail)
Pre-requisite for Kota Belud Trail
- Extra guides are needed for this trail. Ratio of 3 climbers to 1 guide. Guide fee is RM230/guide.
- Climbers will need to decide if they want to take the challenge by going onto Kota Belud trail upon arrival at Kinabalu Park by informing the Sabah Parks officers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DOCUMENT FOR BOOKING:
Malaysian Climbers are required to submit the scanned IC (front and back on 1 page) to Green Trekkers Sdn. Bhd. for booking.
- Deposit RM1,300 per climber is required within FIVE (5) working days from the date of confirmed booking to secure the booking
- All payment made are non-refundable and non-transferable, in whole or in part
- All payment made CANNOT be brought forward and/or used for future bookings
- Balance payment MUST be received at least thirty (30) working days prior to arrival. Failure to pay by the stipulated time will result in cancellation of tour arrangements without prior notice. Should guest need more time to remit the payment, written notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org must be given 30 days prior to arrival.
- For confirmed booking less than sixty (60) days prior to arrival, 100% payment must be received within Five (05) working days to avoid the booking being cancelled by the provider automatically
REPLACEMENT OF CLIMBERS / REDUCTION OF GROUP SIZE
- Replacement of climber(s) is allowed with cancellation fee of RM100/person imposed.
- Replacement of climber(s) must be finalized at least 30 days before departure date.
- Reduction of climber(s) also means that the tour cost may increase due to cost sharing of vehicle and mountain guide. Please refer to the price table for pricing of different group size.
- Deposit is strictly non refundable and CANNOT be brought forward for future bookings
- Cancellation more than 30 days from the date of departure, the balance payment is waived.
- Cancellation less than 30 days or no show for the tour, cancellation charges of 100% on the tour fare will be imposed.
- Participant who cancelled the trip and return again will be subject to RM100 processing fee.
In the event of any causes beyond the Company’s control including, but not limited to, acts of God, change of laws, war, civil unrest, fire, flood, earthquake or explosion, acts of terrorism, payment paid shall only be used to replace an alternative tour within the Company’s range of travel products.
Any amendments to travelling date, replacement of climber and other components of the package made after deposit payment or within 60 days prior to arrival date is subject to RM100 amendment fee per amendment.
RM100/vehicle/way from airport/Kota Kinabalu to Kinabalu Park or depart from Kinabalu Park to Kota Kinabalu/airport after 1900 hr.
RM50/vehicle/way for transfer from city to airport or airport to city before 0600hr or after 2200hr
SURCHARGE FOR MOUNTAIN GUIDES
Effective 29th May 2015, there will be a surcharge of RM15.00 per hour imposed for guide services extended after 4.00 pm on a normal climb to the summit of Low’s Peak and to be paid directly to the mountain guide in case of extended climbing hours.
HOTEL ROOM BOOKINGS
No hotel reservation is made during the time of quotation until a deposit is received. The operator reserves the right to amend the accommodation to a similar class without prior notice.
Participants are not covered by Travelling Insurance. In the event of accident, injury or death arising during the period of tour, Green Trekkers Sdn. Bhd. is indemnified and waived against all claims.
However, climbers are covered by climbing insurance under Sabah Park.
We recommend you to buy personal travelling insurance.