Photos courtesy of Sabah Parks and Mohd Azizol / Joe Hafiz’s group.
IMPORTANT: We do not hold confirmed slots, please contact us prior to making any payment for your bookings.
MOUNT KINABALU is one of the highest mountain in South-East Asia on the island of Borneo located in the state of Sabah, East Malaysia. It is protected as Kinabalu Park, a World Heritage Site.
First ascent: March 1851
First ascender: Hugh Low
Mountain range: Crocker Range
Hiking Route: Timpohon
Accommodation: Laban Rata: Panalaban Hostel
Day 1 (dinner) KINABALU PARK – LABAN RATA
6.00am Pick up from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu and transfer to Kinabalu Park. Upon arrival, register for the climb.
8.30am Meet mountain guide, process of porter if require the service.
8.15am Transfer to Timpohon Gate. Safety briefing and commence 5 – 6 hours climb (6km) to Laban Rata.
Check in Panalaban Hostel
4.30pm – 7.30pm Buffet dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant.
9.00pm Lights off.
Day 2 (supper, breakfast) LABAN RATA – SUMMIT – KINABALU PARK – KOTA KINABALU
2.00am Supper at restaurant
2.30am Ascend to summit of Mt Kinabalu – The Lows’ Peak.
7.00am Start to descend. Breakfast at Laban Rata Restaurant.
10.30am Check out and descend to Timpohon Gate.
(Remarks: surcharge imposed for check out after 10.30am).
Take Park transport to Park HQ upon arrival at Timpohon Gate. Collect your certificate and have own lunch at local restaurant.
Transfer to Kota Kinabalu and drop off at Kota Kinabalu city centre.
- Transfer out from Park is between 4pm to 5pm. Climber(s) arriving Park early is/are required to wait till the transport has arrived as scheduled and until the entire group has arrived.
- Transfer out from Park at/after 7pm, surcharge of RM100/vehical/way will be imposed.
- Mountain guide overtime surcharge after 4pm at RM15/hour/guide shall be borne by climber
What’s App Enquiry: https://wa.me/60178218256
Package Price Ex-Kota Kinabalu (Malaysian), valid from 1/1/2019 till 31/12/2019
- Transfer: Kota Kinabalu – Kinabalu Park – Kota Kinabalu city
- Transfer: Kinabalu Park HQ – Timpohon Gate – Kinabalu Park HQ
- 1 night at Laban Rata Panalaban Hostel
- Climbing permit & insurance
- National Park Conservation Fee
- Mountain Guide/s (5 climbers to 1 guide)
- Meals as per itinerary
- Climbing certificate
- Service charges
- Complementary guidance in physical training and climbing items’ preparation
- Air Ticket
- Hotel in Kota Kinabalu (before and after the climb)
- Meals not stated in the itinerary
- Porter fees (RM13/kg, porter service between Kinabalu Park – Laban Rata – Kinabalu Park only) – subject to change
- Walking stick (RM10/pole) – subject to change
- Luggage storage fee (RM12/bag) – subject to change
- Travelling Insurance
- Mountain guide overtime surcharge
- All personal expenses
- Tipping for mountain guide/s
LABAN RATA PANALABAN HOSTEL
*HEALTH NOTES* FOR CLIMBING MOUNT KINABALU
DO NOT CLIMB if you have a history of suffering from the following ailments:
- Heart Disease`
- Chronic Asthma
- Peptic Ulcer
- Severe Anemia
- Epileptic Fits
- Heart Palpitation
- Hepatitis / Jaundice
- Muscular Cramps
- Any other sickness that may be triggered by severe cold, exertion and high altitude
Pre-requisite for Kota Belud Trail
- Extra guides are needed for this trail. Ratio of 3 climbers to 1 guide. Guide fee is RM230/guide.
- Climbers will need to decide if they want to take the challenge by going onto Kota Belud trail upon arrival at Kinabalu Park by informing the Sabah Parks officers
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DOCUMENT FOR BOOKING:
Climbers are required to submit the scanned IC (front and back on 1 page) / passport copies to Green Trekkers Sdn. Bhd. for permit preparation and submit for reservation. Once the reservation is confirmed, the payment has to be made with 2 days.
- Minimum deposit RM600 per climber is required within FIVE (5) working days from the date of confirmed booking to secure the booking.
- Deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable, in whole or in part
- Deposit paid CANNOT be brought forward and/or used for future bookings
- Balance payment MUST be received at least thirty (30) working days prior to arrival
- For confirmed booking less than sixty (60) days prior to arrival, 100% payment must be received within Five (05) working days to avoid the booking being cancelled automatically by the p
REPLACEMENT OF CLIMBERS / REDUCTION OF GROUP SIZE
- Replacement of climber(s) is allowed with cancellation fee of RM500/person (Malaysian) and RM700 (International) imposed.
- Replacement of climber(s) must be finalized at least 30 days before departure date.
- Reduction of climber(s) also means that the tour cost may increase due to cost sharing of vehicle and mountain guide. Please refer to the price table for pricing of different group size.
- Deposit is strictly non-refundable and CANNOT be brought forward for future bookings
- Cancellation more than 30 days from the date of departure, the balance payment is waived.
- Cancellation less than 30 days or no show for the tour, cancellation charges of 100% on the tour fare will be imposed.
- Participant who cancelled the trip and return again will be subject to RM100 processing fee.
In the event of any causes beyond the Company’s control including, but not limited to, acts of God, change of laws, war, civil unrest, fire, flood, earthquake or explosion, acts of terrorism, deposit paid shall be used to replace an alternative tour within the Company’s range of travel products.
Any amendments to travelling date, replacement of climber and other components of the package made after deposit payment or within 60 days prior to arrival date is subject to RM100 amendment fee per amendment.
RM100/vehicle/way from airport/Kota Kinabalu to Kinabalu Park or depart from Kinabalu Park to Kota Kinabalu/airport after 1900 hr.
RM50/vehicle/way for transfer from city to airport or airport to city before 0600hr or after 2200hr
SURCHARGE FOR MOUNTAIN GUIDES
Effective 29th May 2015, there will be a surcharge of RM15.00 per hour imposed for guide services extended after 4.00 pm on a normal climb to the summit of Low’s Peak and to be paid directly to the mountain guide in case of extended climbing hours.
HOTEL ROOM BOOKINGS
No hotel reservation is made during the time of quotation until a deposit is received. The operator reserves the right to amend the accommodation to a similar class without prior notice.
Participants are not covered by Travelling Insurance. In the event of accident, injury or death arising during the period of tour, Green Trekkers Sdn. Bhd. is indemnified and waived against all claims. However, climbers are covered by climbing insurance under Sabah Park. We recommend you to buy personal travelling insurance.